Wednesday, July 2, 2008

4 down, 9 to go

Heinze Harvest is in full-swing now. Some farmers around us are winding down and finishing up and some farmers still have a lot of wheat to cut yet like we do. I am still hoping the rain stays away - we need 1 more good solid week of hot weather. I've only been driving truck 2 long days (and a couple more half days) and I'm tired already, but I'm willing to keep on working long days in order to get this done. Family has worked together well this year to keep the harvesters fed and cool and rolling. We are smiling and joking about the holes in our jeans and the things we goof up and spending way too much time swatting at the dang mosquitoes and chiggers! And little Wyatt got to ride in the wheat truck a time or two!

No comments: