Anyway - here are the pictures I took while we were waiting on the combines to get enough grain cut to fill a truck after we moved to a new field. It looks like we're lazing around - but in reality we're just taking advantage of a few rare minutes of down time that we did have!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Harvest Pix
Well we got 3/4 of the wheat harvested before the rain came again. We got into some good wheat on Monday day and some storms rolled in Monday evening. We worked through the long holiday weekend and I did get an opportunity (between running the grain to town, making lunches and suppers, helping load seed wheat into the storage bins and working 14 hour days) to take a few pictures. I think I lost 10 pounds last week eating sandwiches for every meal, drinking insane amounts of water and just simply doing physical work all week. It's like a game of survival. I think that should be the next episode. Instead of surviving on some remote island, contestants should have to brave the sun, mosquitoes, chiggers, wheat dust, break downs, flat tires, augers, dump trucks, crazy drivers that hog the road and simply driving a loaded truck to town safely over and over again in the Kansas wheat harvest! Oh and don't forget - there isn't a bathroom in sight. Pop a squat if you can find some cover somewhere where everyone in a 10 mile radius can't see your bare white ass!
Anyway - here are the pictures I took while we were waiting on the combines to get enough grain cut to fill a truck after we moved to a new field. It looks like we're lazing around - but in reality we're just taking advantage of a few rare minutes of down time that we did have!




Anyway - here are the pictures I took while we were waiting on the combines to get enough grain cut to fill a truck after we moved to a new field. It looks like we're lazing around - but in reality we're just taking advantage of a few rare minutes of down time that we did have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment