Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hay Now...

I jinxed us last night blogging that we only had 100 acres of wheat left to cut and we'd be done in 1 day. We woke up to a little rain and 3/4 of a day of cold north winds and cloudy skies. We got machines serviced and ran truckloads to town from last night and waited on the wheat to dry. I make a home-cooked meal for the boys with the plan that we'd be cutting in the afternoon. About 5 p.m. it was still running 15 on the moisture. Sun and wind was what we needed. Sun and wind we didn't see much of! So we still have 100 acres yet to cut!

So we switched gears and Jarrod started on the second cutting of hay instead. We will try the wheat again tomorrow. I stayed home all afternoon and caught up on some laundry and cleaning. I even cleaned my oven! I don't know what came over me! It didn't last for long because I was ready to be outside again by mid-evening. I decided to take Jarrod a drink and a snack when he was about halfway through the swathing. I hung around with the camera and even learned how to use a new feature on my zoom lens! Check out the dandelion at the bottom!




No comments: