We went to check on the heifers tonight - and we found 5 geese when we got to the pasture pond! After we were satisfied the cows were fine and the heifers weren't calving yet, I made Jarrod drive me back to the pond so I could fire up the wildlife adventurer in me and take some photos. We got as close as we could with the pickup and they started getting nervous, so I hopped and out and snuck over behind a tree. They settled down a little. So then I crawled out closer to the water on my hands and knees so they wouldn't spook before I got a few good pictures. I'm not sure if they finally smelled me or what...but they decided I too close enough after a few minutes and took off. I hope they come back and visit the pond again - it's not everyday I'm out there disturbing the peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment