We got a break from harvest the last 2 days - time to get some small-potatoes jobs done AND there was even some time left to simply enjoy each other's company. Sometimes it feels like my husband and I are business partners - we set schedules, we talk about who's going to do what, we get the work done. Sometimes we're lucky enough to get to work together on projects instead of splitting up to get it all done on time. I welcomed this break from harvest. It was rejuvenating to be able to sit down and watch a movie together last night while waiting for the fields to dry out so we can get back to business. We were lucky enough to get to spend the day together again today - he wrenched on some farm equipment and I was the gopher. Go - pher a flat screwdriver. Top box, second drawer. Go-pher a 9/16 socket and an extension. Top box first drawer. You get the picture. I guess I don't mind being his gopher once in a while. I could even go so far to say it's part of the reason I married the big lug.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Lucky Gopher
We got a break from harvest the last 2 days - time to get some small-potatoes jobs done AND there was even some time left to simply enjoy each other's company. Sometimes it feels like my husband and I are business partners - we set schedules, we talk about who's going to do what, we get the work done. Sometimes we're lucky enough to get to work together on projects instead of splitting up to get it all done on time. I welcomed this break from harvest. It was rejuvenating to be able to sit down and watch a movie together last night while waiting for the fields to dry out so we can get back to business. We were lucky enough to get to spend the day together again today - he wrenched on some farm equipment and I was the gopher. Go - pher a flat screwdriver. Top box, second drawer. Go-pher a 9/16 socket and an extension. Top box first drawer. You get the picture. I guess I don't mind being his gopher once in a while. I could even go so far to say it's part of the reason I married the big lug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment