Monday, June 16, 2008

Alfalfa Rolled Up

My mind is resting a little easier now a week and a half out from starting wheat harvest knowing that we got our alfalfa rolled up and the grain bins cleaned out. This was Jarrod and I's first cutting of our own alfalfa - and the rain certainly didn't help making the raking and baling a smooth process by any means BUT it's done! Now the wheat trucks & combines just need serviced. We'll keep plugging away on these chores. Now - if I can just put my money where my mouth is & get motivated to get in the kitchen and make some goodies for the harvest crews - all will be good and fine! But you all know I like staying home in the kitchen about as much as I like wearing a dress! Once in a while it has to be done though!

Planting spring crops has been a slow-going process still. Wish we didn't have a deadline for insurance purposes because mother nature isn't keeping with that deadline with all these rains keeping us out of the fields. I should be thankful though because the hail and damaging storms have largely skirted the areas where we have our wheat. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Hang on a little longer bessie.

1 comment:

Dena_Sorensen said...

Love your blog!! Such a neat way to chronicle your life.