Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Yeehaw - a full day of cuttin'!

Wow I don't know what to think...we got to start cutting at lunch time today and cut the full day like a normal harvest. I was in a good mood all day - no more frustrations like I had yesterday. I drove trucks by myself all afternoon - Jarrod ran the grain cart. We got John's place finished finally today - I've never seen so much bindweed. Really slowed the combines down. We got one truckload of seed wheat saved off Ernie's at the end of the night - I hope that it tests out in the morning and we get to put her in the bin.

Today was a great start to a short vacation. I got to sit in my camp chair between runs for just a few minutes and feast my eyes on summertime scenery. I did get some good photos between runs to town. I tried to stop the action today in the full sunlight. I'd like to try purposely flowing the action in full sunlight soon as well.

Tomorrow should be exciting - we'll have a full crew available to help and hopefully everyone will be in good spirits.

















No comments: