Thursday, July 12, 2007

On Hold

Well we've got about 150 acres to cut yet, but it's been raining all week, so we're on hold for awhile. Sunday night it rained out at Bob's place, so Monday we moved the combine up the East place - no more than pulled in the driveway and some storms came through. Tuesday they gave it a try, but it was way too wet. Wednesday it rained again. Today we're having intermittent sunshine...but I doubt it'll go today. Sure would be nice to get harvest over with - I want a haircut! And you can't cut your hair during harvest - it's bad luck. Guess you could argue we're already having bad luck, so what could it hurt. You just don't break tradition - that's all I got to say. :)

So in the meantime, we've been enjoying a little down time, getting caught up on other projects and enjoying the cooler weather. I kinda miss the hot sunshiny summer day though - we haven't had too many this year. Maybe next weekend I can get the fuel barrels painted up in their reflective silver coating. That's a project that hasn't worked out too well so far either because of the cool and wet weather we've had so far this year. My rig needs washed and shined up too - and I suppose it's about time to mow the yard again. We're just ready to have some party time - bbq, rodeos, camping at the lake, but we gotta get the workin' done first!

No comments: