I cannot remember being as frustrated and angry as I was today. My work computer gave me fits all day and got me all twitterpated before I went to help with harvest after work. Helping with harvest requires patience, a calm demeanor, no rushing - I had not an ounce of patience left when I got to the field. My first trip to town was bouncy and jerky - I couldn't calm down enough to run the clutch smoothly. It got better as the night went on. Partly because of my work frustrations, partly because of my harvest frustations and probably partly because of PMS - Jarrod got an earful from me at the beginning of the night and then Matthew told everyone I was bitchy. So I guess that'll teach me not to argue with my husband when there's an audience around.
Jarrod and I were fine - we had it all worked out in short order - but by then the rest of the crew was being cautious with me thinking I was going to bite their heads off. And I did let them know I wasn't happy with the communication side of things - but without being completely nasty. And the women in the family have finally decided to start communicating. I got two calls today telling me I didn't need to worry about bringing snacks to the field, because they were taking care of it. I just hope they touched base themselves so they aren't stepping on each other's toes. I'll be happy to relinquish that part of my harvest duties.
So I had a lot of thoughts cross my mind tonight about the way I handled my frustration, and the future farming picture and my marriage and what I could do better with all of that. Trying to balance different viewpoints on things can be hard. Especially when you care deeply about what you are working on and so does everyone else involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment