We had a strange occurrence happen tonight - normally we leave the gate open while we check the cows. The wind was out of the north today so we headed to the northwest corner of the pasture searching for the cows. 7 of the 10 were together in a valley and the other 3 were just over the hill. We took our time (ok well I took my time taking photos and making Jarrod stop here and stop there), but when we popped over the hill to check the last 3, they were clear down by the gate!!!!! So we hauled some major a** over the gopher holes and when we got close, Jarrod hopped over the fence and walked around from the road to the gate so we didn't spook them right on out the gate with the 4wheeler! And it worked! Jarrod said it was a good thing they were the heifers and didn't know where the gate was at yet! If it had been the cows, they'd been long gone and we'd been having ourselves a roundup tonight!
We've been training the Tuff dog to load and ride on the 4wheeler so I haven't taken the camera along as much as I usually do. It's just too hard to drive AND hold the dog AND do the camera too. Tuff is starting to get better so I tried it tonight as a passenger while Jarrod did the driving. But then of course, he was always driving the opposite way of the way of a good picture, or blocking my view, or the dog was popping onto the view...I did get a few good ones though!









3 comments:
Love the pics!
Thanks for sharing!
Great pics..thanks for sharing! Keep on posting!
Great pics, as always!! Congrats on the babies. They are so cute!
And yes...I did notice it had been a while since you've posted :)
Post a Comment