Saturday, July 4, 2009

More Stormy weather

The day after that last half inch of rain moved through at 3 a.m. it was cloudy most of the day we were only able to cut a couple truckloads between the time it dried down and the time it started getting too tough again.

Yesterday we ate an early dinner (my lasagne thank you very much!), got an early start and finished up almost 3 fields before the storms finally won out again about 7 p.m. We still have about 80 acres to cut before we're done.

I was a passenger most of the day, save for a few trips leading the combines on to the next field in the pickup while the guys were hauling grain to town. I took the camera along and shot off the first pictures I've taken all harvest! And I was lucky enough to catch a bolt of lightning! I think I'm going to start a lightning collection - I have 2 now. Maybe in 10 or 15 years I'll have 10 or 15 awesome ones to show off!










3 comments:

BROOKE & CARSON said...

Love the new pics! Looks exciting around there!!

Farmchick said...

Great pictures!

I love harvest...my favorite time of year. Of course, we are behind you -- we don't harvest our wheat until the end of August. Hope you can stop by my farm soon! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Glad you got some "camera time"!! Hope all is going well!