Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Farm & Dog Update

Spent a good majority of the weekend driving the diesel around, shuffling people and seed and fertilizer tanks. Helping hook up to this or unhook from that. It isn't the most exciting job on the farm, but it helps keep the tractors and combines rolling efficiently if they will get me involved doing the little things so they don't have to stop so much. We're about halfway done with the wheat planting. The last of the beans will be cut this afternoon if the little shot of rain in the forecast holds off a little longer!

I had a few minutes here before I have to go pick up the farmer man again, so I came home and gave the dog a bath. He found a glob of grease while we were unhooking from this and re-hooking to that...and smeared it all over everywhere. So he's clean now so I figured he was worth a few quick pictures with my new little point and shoot camera. I think he's about as big as he's gonna get now. He's got a strong protector personality when he's on his home turf (and once in awhile on someone else's turf), he talks a lot of talk, but he's a lover underneath all the barking and growling. He'll put his ears and tail down and come to you all crouched down and excited to be loved on!




1 comment:

Farmchick said...

Sounds like your farming is moving right along--our harvest it at a standstill---for over a week now due to rain. We still need to finish our wheat harvest, then flax, corn and sunflowers! Your clean pup looks cute! :)