Sunday, December 7, 2008
Weaned!
The bottle calf (aka booger butt, kiddo, butthead and many more loving nicknames) is finally weaned! Yeah for me! No more messing with the dang bottle every morning! He was born September 2 - so he is about 3 months old now. He'd probably make a good butcher calf if anyone is interested? I complain, but he has been a fun project. Really, he almost like a pet to me. If you scratch his backside, he squirms around toward you like a dog would! He nuzzles me and he's cute for about a half a second - just as long as you are prepared to dodge the headbutt because it will come if you spend too much time in the pen with him! These pics are a few weeks old now, but the latest I've got...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah Butthead!!!
Too cute...and I know the headbutt oh so well!!
I saw you in the following thing and I thought I should come over and meet you!
I LOVE bottle feeding baby calves!! Next time call me and I'll come help! One time, years ago, a calf bonded with me so tightly it was hard for her to take to a mamma cow later. A few months down, the bunch came off the range and that calf remembered me and spent the afternoon in my yard with me! The guys were a tad upset, afraid she'd not go back with the herd.....she did tho.
I hope you had a wonderfully magic Christmas! And that 2009 is full of bright days!
Post a Comment