Monday, August 20, 2007

babies!

We finally had some baby calves the last 2 days! I had been faithfully checking on the cows each day after work, expecting to see calves on the ground. Nada. Then we get busy over the weekend and leave them alone for 2 days and whatdya know - bada bing bada boom. They say a watched pot never boils.



Thelma (sometimes better known as "big titties" because of her unusually larger udder) had a black white face bull (chunky little booger for only being 2 days old). And in the other pasture, Big Mama had a red white face heifer. Big Mama drug her through the corner of the pond while we were there, so she was up and doing fine. I managed to get the little heifer marked with an ear tag, but the little bull was too spry for me and Jarrod. Have to wait to him tagged I guess.







The weekend was crazy and hot as hell. We stacked a bunch of square alfalfa bales in the sheds on both Saturday and Sunday and we also installed a new gate in Jarrod's Dad's winter pasture. We were pretty proud of our gate since it was just the kids that did the install job.



Here are some pictures I've taken lately:





No comments: