"Has Harvest begun?" Bob asked me as I parked the red truck in the machine shed. I confirmed. We were cutting his wheat, but he hadn't been there to see it. He had been planting grain sorghum in another field. Jarrod and John spent the day slaving over the separator belt in John's combine and finally were able to start harvesting about 5:30 tonight. Jarrod picked me up on his way through town with the first truckload. I marveled at the uncharacteristically cool weather for this first day of our harvest, took photos and shuffled the red truck around a few times. Never know when those chances to simply play with the camera will come along, so I took the chance tonight. I'll have you know, I never banged the sideboards on the truck once! Must be finally getting better at driving a stick! The first day of harvest ended with our new summer 2011 ritual - every-other-day water hauling to the spring herd. It's not nearly as much fun after dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment