Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've Fallen in Love

Sorry to disappoint all the romantics out there but this isn't a post about falling in love with my dear hubby all over again...

This is a post about falling in love with my new puppy, Tuff! We've talked about a puppy off and on for awhile now, and talked specifically about blue heelers. So when a blue heeler breeder and good friend broadcasted the word that her litter of puppies were coming in January, I could hardly contain my excitement. At first I thought, I'll just get it and surprise Jarrod with it. Then I thought again and decided it was too big of a commitment to jump into without the hubby's stamp of approval. Well as it turned out, he could hardly contain himself either, even though he played it off all cool.

So the Tuff dog came home to Lincoln the last week of February. He was between 5 and 6 weeks old. I've taken a few pictures of him each week, and in those pictures you can really see how fast they grow. He'll only be 8 weeks old for 1 week! He is super smart and "tuff" as nails for such a little thing. His personality is starting to show through now and he's learning how to be a good dog more and more everyday! He and the cat, well they have some adventures. I have video too and if I ever stop playing puppy games long enough to edit them, you just might get to watch 'em!

Until it gets a little warmer, Tuff will be in the house with us but eventually he'll move outside where he has more room to run. Times like these reinforce my strong desire to live in the country (like right now, not 10 years from now). I want to give him as much room as possible to be the cowdog that he is. In the mean time, he's learning to ride well in the pickup and is making frequent trips to the farm with us to do chores every day. Hopefully when he's a little older and wiser, he can help us put the cattle back in when they get out! He seems to have the herding instincts 'cuz he sure does like to heel on the cat!





3 comments:

BloggessJ said...

oh he's a cutie! have a great weekend! :)

BROOKE & CARSON said...

Who wouldn't love that face?! You are so lucky!!

betty-NZ said...

Such a cutie, indeed! My Hubby will be so jealous!