Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Icey Adrenaline

A month has past since I wrote last and I haven't exactly done so well with recording the happenings of my life. All the good things should be recorded - all those memories should be forever cemented in my history - but it seems the only times in my life when I've felt driven to write were times when things weren't the best.

Maybe writing isn't the only medium that can be used to record life. My pictures tell a lot about my view of the world, and I've taken more pictures this year than any other in my life. When you look at the "My Pictures" folder on my computer, you see multiple folders under each month - and my Canon 30D has helped me grow tremendously as a photographer in this last year. I would love to be able to drop what I'm doing (work) and go take photographs any time - as if it were my full-time job. But I can't make that jump to depending on my photographs to sustain the economical side of my life. I guess if all you had to do everyday was take gorgeous photographs and find a place to market them...well maybe it could work. I could see how that could get expensive fast - especially when you aren't selling anything. Scary!

Anyway - the whole point of this blog was not to ramble on and on, but to share with you the pictures I've taken so far of the ice storm we had last night. I've been out in the cold several times today shooting the streets of Lincoln - including my own backyard. Many times now I've thought I should get out after dark and capture main street - with all its Christmas glow - but usually after dark in the winter my laziness gets the best of me and I opt to stay in. I think tonight I'm gonna do it tonight - the ice crystals will only add sparkle to the night shot. Maybe I can turn around and sell my "stock" photography of Lincoln to the chamber or tourism groups. I'm feeling spunky today - my adrenaline is flowing.
















No comments: